Hi I’m vangel, a full-stack* Product Designer living in Athens.
Hi I’m vangel, a full-stack* Product Designer living in Athens.*A designer that gets involved in every stage of a product design: research, design & coding (ui). A person who can understand a problem, propose a solution and help taking it to reality.
I work at Skroutz for the past 7+years (as Designer in industry ~10y). Skroutz is the leading marketplace of Greece with 11M sessions & 4M users in a daily basis. I'm co-leading Skroutz Design Team & I'm working as the Product Design Manager of UX Ops team. I describe myself as Full-stack Product Designer due to my experience on research, design & coding.
I've seen Skroutz design team grow from 3 members to 18 and the company in general from 50 members to 400. I've always been a member of core product, setting - succeeding and failing at goals that gave me the opportunity to learn, unlearn and relearn. I believe that good design is humble, collaborative and iterative.
Occasionally I participate in freelance projects to explore new products beyond the boundaries of ecommerce. I also enjoy create meaningless things with CSS.
Feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com, or check my online profile at dribbble, codepen & twitter.
Thank you for your time
Lead Product Design Manager Skroutz
I have been actively involved in several projects & teams through the past 7 years. I've seen Skroutz Design team grow from 3 members to 18, annual sessions increase from 105M to 360M and YoY revenew from 500k to 30M. Currently I'm working as the Product Design Manager of UX Ops team, a centralised cross-functional team of 8 people, aiming:
- To maintain a consistent User Experience across multiple projects and products
- To take a broader view and create a grand vision for the product
- To rethink UI & experience on core components and user flows
- To maintain Design Systems as a single point of truth for both Designers and Engineers
Alongside my duties in UX Ops team I'm also co-leading Skroutz Design Team (consisting of 18 people). Among my responsibilities is to maintain a consistent experience across product, to foster empathy & embrace ownership, modernise our workflow & procedures, organise hiring needs & participate on product roadmap.
In the past I have worked as a Product Designer & UX Developer in core product team, responsible for crafting user flows, designing interfaces, conducting research & usability studies and developing (UI) complex features in core users journeys like discovery (listing), decision (product page) & checkout.
Accomplishments through these years:
- I've been a member of several teams, that helped me gain a broad experience of a product lifecycle.
- I've participated in the Integration of atomic design as a philoshophy for both design and frontend architecture.
- I helped design team scale & modernize workflow & tools (abstract, review process, feedback loops)
- I've participated at both web & Mobile Apps redesign epics (Retheming, dark mode)
- I've participated in product variations epic, the extraction of attributes like color from product titles, part numbers or other semi-structured data. This task included an internal interface for creating & managing product models and an interface to navigate through variations of a product from listing or product page, that led to a significant improvement on user experience and core KPIs.
- I've participated in experimental features at fashion related categories that increased cross categories navigation and sizes (dominant filter) selection.
- I've participated in core components enhancements, regarding users decision path - like 'add to cart' CTA in product page, that led to a significant increase of 33% in CTR.
- I've participated in core components enhancements, regarding users discovery path - like 'filters' in listing page that led to an increase of 10% at filters usage.
- I've participated in core user centric features at mobile apps - like personalised index screen, revamped purchase flow and filtering at both decision & discovery phase.
Automation Engineer Atei
Bachelor degree in Automation, Control Systems and Systems Engineering in Alexander Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece.Jan 2006 - Sep 2012, Thessaloniki - Greece
Design & Code Jury Awwwards
A member of awwwards main jury panel in both Design and Code for 2019 and 2020.
SOTD & Special kudos Ananti City Resort
Site of the day award at csswinner.com and Special Kudos awards at cssdesignawards.com for Ananti City Resort (anantiresort.gr).
Picked Pens Codepen
A member of Codepen since 2012 with more than 100 pens, 2000+ favs, several recognised picked pens & a most hearted pen of the year. Find more in Creations page.
Design Quotes ✨
- “For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.” - H. L. Mencken
- “Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.” - John Maeda
- “Less is more work.” - Patric McCue
- “I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.” - Douglas Adams